How to cure herpes – Herpes treatment and herpes cure
People who infected HSV are very caring about one thing – herpes cure. Many people asked ”Can herpes be cured?” or “Is there any method can cure herpes?”. Unfortunately, there is no cure for herpes but appropriate herpes treatment can reduce the frequency and duration of outbreaks as well as the discomfort.
The following three popular drugs commonly used to treat herpes symptoms (not for herpes cure): acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir(Valtrex). These are all taken in pill form. Severe cases may be treated with the intravenous (IV) drug acyclovir.
Drugs applied to the surface of the skin provide little benefit, and doctors don’t usually recommend them.
The Cure and Treatments for Genital Herpes
- Initial Herpes cure and treatment. If you have symptoms such as sores when you’re first diagnosed with genital herpes, the doctor will usually give you a brief course (7 to 10 days) of antiviral therapy to relieve them or prevent them from getting worse. Your doctor may ask you take drugs longer if the herpes sores don’t heal at that time.
After the first treatment, work with your doctor to come up with the best way to take antiviral therapies. There are two options:
- Intermittent herpes cure and treatment. The doctor may prescribe an antiviral drug for you to keep on hand in case you have another flare-up; this is called intermittent therapy. Although scores will heal and disappear on their own, you can take the pills for two to five days when you notice sores or when you feel an outbreak coming on. Taking the drugs can make the herpes symptoms less severe and make them go away faster.
- Suppressive herpes cure and treatment. If you have outbreaks often, you may consider taking an antiviral drug every day. Doctors call this suppressive therapy. For someone who has more than six outbreaks a year, suppressive therapy can reduce the number of outbreaks by 70% to 80%. Many people who take the antiviral drugs daily have no outbreaks at all.
Taking daily suppressive herpes cure may also reduce the risk of transmitting the virus to your sex partner. Antiviral drugs reduce viral shedding, when the virus makes new copies of itself on the skin’s surface.
A recent study shows that people continue receiving herpes cure( taking drugs every day) may help protect sex partners from being infected(50% of their partner did not get the virus), although you should still use a latex condom. Moreover, 75% of the partners did not show any symptoms of genital herpes, even if they had acquired the virus.
During the herpes cure period, the following herpes care measures can help you decreasing discomfort:
- Keep the infected area as clean and dry as possible. After a shower avoids rubbing with a towel. Dry gently with a towel or with a hair dryer on the low or cool setting.
- Take warm baths to cleanse and soothe the infected area.
- Wear 100% cotton underwear and avoid tight-fitting pants or jeans which might cause irritation.
Through modern medicine can not cure herpes completely, that does not mean it’s the end of the world. Stay and living positively! Do not let herpes destroy your whole life.
More information about herpes treatment options:
Other articles you may like: